The list of resources below is by no means an exhaustive list and should you find any resources that we could add to the list or have developed any yourself that you might like to share, please do contact us through the Your Thoughts page.
SCORE resources supporting the programme:
Subject specific resources can be found at the following websites:
An interactive software resource designed to help teachers and their students get more out of laboratory sessions.
Ideal for supporting GCSE Chemistry studies
Getting Practical partners offer the following resources to support teachers:
- Articles of interest SCHOOL SCIENCE REVIEW Issue 87/320 March 2006
- Information on the latest Secondary developments
Institute of Physics (IOP)
- Resources for secondary level
- Exploring science in a new state-of-the-art laboratory.
– Resources for teachers supporting chemistry education
Royal Society of Chemistry (RSC)
- ‘Chemistry for non-specialists’ CPD course
- A fun and different scientific experience for students.
Royal Society of Chemistry (RSC) video material
- Video clips of experiments on the ‘RSC video material for teachers of Chemistry’ DVD
Science and Plants for Schools (SAPS) programme
- Resources for secondary level work on plants
Science Enhancement Programme
- Information and training for science teachers
The National Strategies
- Resources to support How Science Works
The Society of Biology
- Competition for students to take part in.
The Society of Biology
- Educational resources.
- In the Loop resources from Manchester Metropolitan University
Other organisations also offer good quality practical science resources:
– Secondary activities and events in the South West region
– Secondary ‘Kit in a Kase’ activities in the East Midlands
– Secondary web based activities and downloadable resources
- Fieldwork opportunities with the FSC's Outdoor Classroom.
Joint Earth Science Education Initiative
- Resources for teaching Earth Science for Chemistry, Physics and Biology teachers
- Resources for use by STEM club leaders
- Resources for teachers exploring the sport of Skeleton Bobsleigh
- Education resources and activities for teachers of KS3 and KS4
- Resource bank for science activities
- Professional development programme to help teachers without a first degree or a secondary initial teacher training specialism in physics or chemistry to teach more effectively.
- Excitement, Innovation and Knowledge of Physics
- Mentoring and support for early career maths and science teachers.
- KS4 Science - Chemistry with CLEAPSS
- KS3/4 Science - Demonstrating Physics: Electrostatics
- KS3/4 Science - Physics for Non-Physicists: Forces
- Resources for Biology, Chemistry and Physics teaching to GCSE.